Games Workshop Taking Pre-Orders For Age Of Sigmar: Skirmish
You know, as I’ve gone on in my gaming career, I’ve more-and-more found myself drawn to skirmish games. Not that I think there’s anything inherently bad or wrong with large-army games. They’re just not really for me, anymore. So when I see that Games Workshop has started taking orders for a new skirmish form of Age of Sigmar, I take notice. Along with the book, they’re also taking orders for various warbands.
From the announcement:
– A set of simple modifications for the core rules of Warhammer Age of Sigmar that introduce skirmish battles – small-scale, intense fights between anything from a trio of models to a marauding band of fifteen models and upwards;
– Details of battling in skirmish formation – models fight as individuals, rather than groups, meaning each model is treated as a single unit. This alters the way certain effects and abilities work in a subtle way, and emphasises fast, aggressive, tactical gameplay;
– The General: each player chooses a general from the Heroes in their warband, who can use a command ability, artefact of power, and three new wizard spells from the tables supplied in the Skirmish rules;
– Battleshock: again, tweaked from the core Warhammer Age of Sigmar rules to encourage fast, brutal gaming, Battleshock can turn the tide of war in a single dice roll – you better hope your general is stoic in the face of slaughter!
– All-new command abilities, artefacts of power and mysterious terrain rules;
– Clarification regarding summoning and generation of extra attacks and hit rolls in Skirmish games.