Two Knights Publishing launched their new 15mm sci-fi minis game rules set, Fireteam Andromeda.
From the launch:
Fireteam Andromeda is a dedicated set of rules for 15mm science fiction games, aimed at roughly a reinforced platoon per side. It has been designed as a quick game, light on the granularity, but heavy on the tactical side.
To promote this tactical gameplay, the game incorporates a very special Command & Control system. The system represents the overall motivation of the troops as well as the commanders overall ability to formulate tactical plans on the go. As troops are fired upon and take casualties, the commander will find that it becomes harder and harder to keep track of everything and needs to prioritize his actions.
Fireteam Andromeda was also designed as a very light wargame. From the ground up, it was designed around a couple of easy to remember core mechanics, which gives a quick and satisfying gameplay experience; almost no charts and very few modifiers to remember in the heat of battle.
Fireteam Andromeda is intended to be a generic science fiction wargame, which allows for players to design their own troops, using some very broadly defined unit entries that can be customized to represent almost any miniatures out there on the market today. Customizing your own units is a
breeze – and the rules includes point values to allow for pick-up-and-play games.
Fireteam Andromeda is the first in a long series of rulebooks, campaign books and scenario books from Two Knights Publishing aimed at giving you, the player, all you will ever need to play science fiction wargames, in any scale, using any setting and any miniatures that you already have or want to have.”
At a Glance:
– 96 pages, full color – either as a PDF or as a POD book from Lulu.com
– Uses only d6’s for all resolutions.
– Turn sequence utilizes a special alternate activation system, that models not only the ability of a commander but also morale of individual units as well.
– Includes a fully fledged army-list system, allowing you to build your own armies using any miniatures from your favorite manufacturer.
– Easily handles up to 50 infantry models and 15 vehicles models a side within a two hour timeframe, with variant rules included for 6mm and 28mm scale games.
– All inclusive; you’ll never need to purchase any expansions, armylists or similar material – all you need to play is included in this single book.