Zone Raiders is a new tactical sci-fi miniatures game. It incorporates elements of skirmish games, along with campaign systems, and even RPG elements and asymmetrical goals for games to create a unique sci-fi feeling on the tabletop. The game is up on Kickstarter now.
From the campaign:
Combining inspirations from small-scale tabletop wargames, campaign skirmish games, RPGs and tactical turn-based video games, Zone Raiders is a fusion of what we love best about all of these.
We wanted to strike the right chord between tactical depth of play, narrative campaigns and character development along with a commitment to streamlined rules while maintaining sophistication. Combined with a stunningly alien scifi setting that is vast enough to encompass many themes as a player's imagination can conjure, it's a game meant to scratch an itch we've felt for ages.
Or on a more direct note Have you ever wanted to play a game where you could...
- Grappling Hook to tall ledges, snipe foes, then dive to safety?
- Wallrun up a steep slope, and kick a bad guy over a railing to their doom?
- Fight AI Monsters issuing from an automated factory, then lure them into a nest of explosive barrels before blowing the lot up?
- Open an cryo-vault to rescue an ancient survivor with lost knowledge?
- Project force-field bridges across vast gaps, only to turn them off when foes set foot on them?
- Combine versus and cooperative play into a single ruleset, with stealth and objective focused mechanics?
All of these are within the domain of Zone Raiders.
The campaign is about 2/3 of the way to its funding goal with still 13 days left to go.