I know, a really generic headline, but when it comes to typing out all the different things that are available to pre-order this week from Games Workshop, it'd either be a really short headline that gets you to read on, or a large amount of the story would just be up in said headline. Anyway, Games Workshop has a ton of stuff up for pre-order right now. Arguably, the two biggest are the new Battletome: Sylvaneth and Scouring of the Shire books for Age of Sigmar and the Middle-arth Strategy Battle Game, respectively. There's also new figures for both those games, a new elven Blood Bowl team, new sets for Adeptus Titanicus, 40k, and pretty much everything else you can think of. There's terrain. There's dice. There's... I mean, I told you it was a lot of stuff.
The spirit-song rises, and the Sylvaneth march to war!
Unleash the verdant might of nature with Battletome: Sylvaneth – your guide to the eternal protectors of nature in the Mortal Realms. Inside this 104-page hardback book, you’ll discover the history of the Sylvaneth, forest spirits of terrifying power who would slay any who defile their homes. You’ll discover how Alarielle was resurrected, how the great Households of the Sylvaneth are structured, and how they differ from realm to realm.
Meanwhile, a huge selection of rules gives you countless ways to play with your Sylaneth collection. Allegiance abilities reward you for fielding dedicated forces of Sylvaneth, while rules for several legendary factions allow you to tailor your army to suit your playstyle – from elite forces of Kurnoth Hunters to serried ranks of Dryads. Warscroll battalions reward you for fielding specific combinations of models, while Path to Glory warband creation rules and bespoke Sylvaneth missions are perfect for your first few games. This battletome is also a great resource for collectors, featuring tips for painting details like gleaming blades and realistic bark, as well as a showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures to inspire your own collection.
This battletome contains:
- Lore and art that explores the history of the Sylvaneth, and how they battle today
- A showcase of beautifully painted miniatures
- Painting advice including examples of different bark colours, foliage, and weapons for the Oakenbrow, Gnarlroot, Heartwood, Ironbark, Winterleaf, Dreadwood, and Harvestboon glades – also includes skin variants, blade variants, details for painting Alarielle the Everqueen, and more
- Allegiance abilities for Sylvaneth, including a table of battle traits (including rules for deploying hidden units as reserves), two command trait tables, four artefacts of power tables, and the Lore of the Deepwood spell table
- 6 warscroll battalions for fielding different combinations of models
- 16 unit warscrolls, 3 endless spell warscrolls, and a warscroll for the Awakened Wyldwood
- Pitched battle profiles for all units, endless spells, and the Awakened Wyldwood featured in this Battletome, including min/max unit sizes, points values and battlefield roles
Saruman the White, in his rage, decimated the idyllic lands of the Shire in a cruel campaign against a peaceful people. This war became known as the Scouring of the Shire, and it showed Middle-earth once again that Hobbits rise to the occasion when called to fight for what matters most.
With this expansion for the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game, you can play through a narrative campaign to represent the battles fought during the Scouring of the Shire. You'll learn about the rich history of the Hobbits, from the founding of the Shire to their deep links with Gandalf the Grey. The book also contains rules and background information to let you field full armies of Hobbits, including two Legendary Legions!
This 80-page hardback book includes:
- A full history of the Shire, including a timeline of major battles and key events
- 16 Narrative Play scenarios, each including background, board layouts, objectives, rules and more
- An in-depth look at Hobbit armies, with tactics and army lists for The Shire and Sharkey’s Rogues
- 2 standalone Legendary Legion army lists – Defenders of the Shire and The Chief’s Ruffians
- New rules for using Traps in your games
- A handy guide to building a village of Hobbit-holes using the upgrade kit available on the ForgeWorld.com webstore
- Appendix with 3 additional Narrative Play scenarios representing historical battles (including rules for Golfimbul, the Orc Chieftain)
You will need a copy of the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game Rules Manual to use this expansion.