Fateforge is a new setting book for 5th edition coming to Kickstarter soon. In preparation, a Player's Guide has been posted online for you to check out. See some new feats, some new characters, and plenty more to whet your whistle for this new book.
From the announcement:
"Fateforge, Epic tales in the world of Eana for 5th Edition. A love letter to Sword & Sorcery and the world's greatest RPG, from the team behind Shadows of Esteren, the most awarded French RPG."
Welcome to Eana, an entirely new campaign setting for your 5th Edition adventures. Following the sword & sorcery tradition, the adventurers will travel through grandiose landscapes and interact with exotic, colorful civilizations, from the sprawling metropolis of the Free City to equatorial Acoatl.
Their journey will be fraught with peril and they will face many strange, fearsome opponents, be they the loathsome spawns of Canker, the demon princes from the moon Melancholia, or the formidable barbarian lords of the Kaani hordes.
By dint of skill, bravery, or cunning, they will overcome increasingly challenging ordeals, and perhaps find their way to the mythical Fateforge and ascend to godhood!
Through the Player’s Guide, discover the world of Eana and create characters from this wholly original, multifaceted world:
- The Fateforge. Find out more about this cosmic entity and what it means to be a Fatechosen, blessed by the mythical Eternity.
- The World of Eana. Learn about the major events of the world’s history, from the Travelers’ fall to the ascension of Tamerakh, the merosi conqueror who became a god, and read about the great civilizations that your character can explore in the course of their adventures.
- Character Creation. Two new character creation steps let you decide what civilization your character is from and whether they are Awakened (i.e. whether they can use magic).
- Species. This chapter describes dragonborn, merosi (half-orcs), and tieflings, as well as their particularities in the world of Eana.
- Classes. Discover the gods clerics draw their powers from, the aberrance domain, and the features of psychurge sorcerers. Many other archetypes are included in Fateforge’s core book, Adventurers, as well as a new class: the scholar.
- Feats. This part shows 3 of Fateforge’s exclusive feats. Adventurers contains more than 40.
- Rules. This section introduces Fateforge’s modular system, which allows you to customize the game and make it suited to the atmosphere of your choice.
- Character Sheet. A custom Fateforge character sheet is included at the end of the Player’s Guide.
Good luck on your journeys! Maybe we shall meet at Merrienne’s tavern on the docks of the Free City!